WHERE: Garris Building in Fletcher Park, 820 Clay Street (map)
WHEN: Wednesday, November 9th, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
WHERE: Garris Building in Fletcher Park (map)
AGENDA: click here
Below is a picture of a water garden that was constructed in Fletcher Park to manage stormwater better. In addition to controlling the intensity of runoff, it captures sedimentation and filters out nutrients that can further contaminate the Pigeon House Branch Water Basin. It also has teaching stations where you can learn about different types of wetland plants and wildlife.
- · Do you have stormwater problems in your neighborhood?
- · Do the sidewalks in your neighborhood need to be repaired?
- · What improvements are needed in our business districts?
- · Are you interested in installing stormwater control equipment on your property and sharing the cost with the City?
- · Do you think a 4-way stop sign needs to be installed at an intersection in the Five Points area to improve safety?
This is the meeting you need to attend to let City administrators and officials know about infrastructure problems and opportunities in our community.
A special announcement received from Carolyn Jackson, the alumni and development officer at the school. You can learn more about the school here.
* * *
It is hard to believe that another summer has passed and that a new school year is about to begin. Raleigh Charter High School is excited to open our thirteenth year in our renovated home at 1307 Glenwood Avenue.
We want to remind you and your CAC members and area residents that Raleigh Charter High School begins classes ten days earlier than the area public schools. Our students will visit teachers, attend meetings and purchase books during the day Monday, August 15. We anticipate longer carpool lines during the first few weeks of school. After that, lines should shorten and traffic should move more smoothly.