Capital Boulevard Corridor Study
Thank you Mietek and Kathy Glinkowski for providing this briefing about the Capital Boulevard Corridor Study meeting held on June 24th.
Last night we attended the first public workshop on Capital Blvd. redevelopment study. It was very informative. In summary, the conclusions from different group discussions were:
- The project should not be just a high traffic corridor from North to downtown but should primarily connect the two neighborhoods (East and West sides of Capital).
- The study area should be rezoned to discourage "bad businesses" and encourage a mix-use development.
- Propose a greenway, "riverwalk" along Capital Blvd.
- Flood situation should be resolved.
- Existing two rail lines and proposed High-speed rail are the obstacles (constraints) in the plan.
We also learned that there is another meeting about the Light Rail, organized by Triangle Regional Transit at the Convention Center downtown, 5:30-8 p.m., Monday, June 28 in room 304, 500 S. Salisbury Street.
Website for additional information: